Monday, January 5, 2009

Hope: day 29

Hope had another great day today. Her feedings have been increased and her residuals are down, which means she is tolerating her feedings well. She is now up to the WHOPPING weight of 790 grams, which is a "heavy" 1 pound 11 ounces. She is quite the porker now!!! Hope's medical staff have a goal to get Hope to gain as much weight as possible in the next few weeks. So they have her on the "accelerated weight gain program". I think I was on that program once, it was called Thanksgiving.

On the day scale, there were deep discussions and disagreements about where today fell. The final consensus was that today was a 7.85, which is a long way above 7. There was also a lot of conversation about grades and other things that really don't matter just yet to Hope, so I'm going with the 7.85 that Hope's mommy and daddy provided.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, hope! As a Mommy and a Mommy to be I can't really imagine how hard this must be for you and your family. I wish nothing but the best for her and I look foward to reading blogs on her progress. She's a beautiful little girl and I know she will grow to be strong and healthy! I also love that despite all of this, you can still find it in yourself to find a sense of humor.
    You're awesome! And so is Miss Hope!

    xo,
    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgoodness Em, you are freakin' hilarious. I was on that program once, too, only it was called "my twenties". LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete